Scroll down for giveaway rules
The Cities of Luna began a few years ago when I was contributing very short (one or two thousand words) stories to Liftport Group’s short-lived magazine, GETLF8d. You read that as “Get Elevated” because it’s all about the space elevator.
I’ve met a lot of intriguing people through Liftport, including Cheri Lasota. A freelance author, editor, book designer and marketing consultant for over a decade, AudaVoxx.com Founder Cheri Lasota has dedicated her life and career to helping authors succeed in publishing.
When Cheri told me about The Paradisi Chronicles, a shared-world project involving many authors, I was very interested. I wasn’t able to jump in at the time, but I hope to in the near future.
Over on facebook we’re having a Schmoozefest to celebrate the simultaneous release of seven novels and novellas in The Paradisi Chronicles! My laptop is pinging every few seconds with a new post or comment. It’s a hopping party!
At the end of the night (11:30ish East Coast time, 8:30ish Pacific time) I get to play hostess for a while. I’ll be doing a giveaway that’s a little different: I’m giving away a character name or three.
- To enter, go to the facebook party at https://www.facebook.com/paradisichronicles/timeline and comment on one of my #SFQotD posts. I’ll be posting as The Cities of Luna.
- You can enter as many times as you want, but you can only win once
- The prize is to name a character. I’m not creating a character after you, just naming one.
- I need to approve the name you choose, but I’m pretty easy. No profanity or other inappropriate stuff.
- The character will be included in an upcoming story in The Cities of Luna. The publisher and I work many months ahead, so it may be as long as a year before you see the character, but I’ll be sure to let you know which story they’re in.
- Here are the choices you have:
- An attendant on the space elevator, doing a job where they have to smile and be pleasant even when the customers are cranky.
- A miner who works for one of the large corporations, spending much of their day either in a surface suit or in a regolith rover.
- A married mom or dad with school-age kids who works part-time at a neighborhood gardening co-op.
- A visitor from Earth vacationing on the moon.
- A costumed worker at the Christmas-themed North Pole resort.
- An astronomer living in Shackleton at the lunar South Pole.
- A grandparent who moved to Luna from Earth as a young child and has seen all their kids and grandkids grow up on the moon.
- An office manager who has a phobia of windows that look out on the regolith.
- A docent at one of the Apollo landing sites.
- Or, you can let me surprise you. 🙂
- I’ll draw a winner by listing all the commenters (multiple relevant comments count as multiple entries and that’s great!) and using a random number generator.
- The contest will stay open until noonish east-coast time on Sunday, so if anyone pops into the party late, they can still play.
- There will be one winner for each SFQotD I post.
- I’ll contact all the winners via facebook.
- If you win, you can either put a comment here in this post to choose which character you want and what name, or we can communicate via e-mail or facebook.
I will be doing my own Schmoozefest on December 19, the day we left the moon. The topic will be going back to the moon. More on that later…I’d love for you to join me!